Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP Exam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP Exam

Hansche-Berti-Hare, (ISC)2 Press - Auerbach, 2004
This is the official guide to the CISSP exam, and it's a kind of an outline. I know, it's 800+ pages, and still it's an outline, sorry about that, guys. I don't think it's possible to just learn this book and pass. Even if it was, you'd just be a parrot, without any deeper understanding of the topics. I did use three different exam cram books to get a broader view on the whole, but this one comes closest to the content and spirit of the exam itself, without a doubt. It's also the one of the three with the least errors in it. I really don't know if you need three books; I have a feeling you do, others say you don't. I also have no idea if I passed the exam by a tiny margin or with an insanely fantastic score, they don't tell you that. Anyway, I do recommend you use several books, but that you fundamentally base the scope and content on the official guide. Then you have to use a number of other books for the real meat, such as "Applied Cryptography", "Network Security", "Building Internet Firewalls" and several more. (You'll find these discussed elsewhere on my site. That does seem to be the safest course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> Security All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: