|Home Profile Private Messages Usergroups Memberlist Search FAQ Log in Register|
A Collection of Statements, kinda
|Couldn't resist - bloopers
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Location: In the middle of Sweden
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am Post subject: Couldn't resist - bloopers
Church Bulletin Bloopers: Thank God for church ladies with typewriters.
These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced
in church services.
1. Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at
Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
2. The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
3. The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water."
The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."
4. Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the
recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.
5. Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of
those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your
6. The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a
7. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community.
Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't
care much about you.
8. Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
9. Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving
obvious pleasure to the congregation.
10. For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a
11. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the
help they can get.
12. Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more
transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of
Pastor Jack's sermons.
13. The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir
will sing: "Break Forth Into Joy."
14. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the
church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
15. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
Music will follow.
16. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is
Come early and listen to our choir practice.
17. Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of
several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
18. Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be
Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
19. Please place your donation in the envelope a long with the deceased
person you want remembered.
20. Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy
21.The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment
and gracious hostility.
22. Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
23. The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They
may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
24. This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across
from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
25. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies
are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. is done.
26. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation
would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next
27. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use
the back door.
28. The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the
Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend
29. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church.
Please use large double door at the side entrance.
30. The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign
slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
|All times are GMT + 1 Hour
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum