Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
Teach Yourself Web Publishing With HTML 4 In 21 Days

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Teach Yourself Web Publishing With HTML 4 In 21 Days

Laura Lemay, Sams 1999
...and that was five years ago and I still don't know it all. As I've said elsewhere, I'm no fan of Sams. Their books are usually not much worth, but this one is almost ok. It's not super fantastic, but it has a lot to say, most of it really basic stuff. At least, I can pick up the basics of Java script every time I need it. That is some 25 pages of the books almost 1200 pages. The rest of the book I haven't used for much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject:

What anonymity levels of HTTP proxy servers exist?
1. Transparent - these proxies are not anonymous. They don't hide IP-address of a client and let a web server know that you are surfing through a proxy server. The task of such proxies, as a rule, is information caching and/or support of Internet access for several computers via single connection. Such proxies are not applicable for security and privacy while surfing on net. You can use them only for network speed improvement.
2. Anonymous - these proxies don't show your real IP but change the request fields so it is very easy to detect that you are using proxy.
3. High Anonymous - these proxy servers do not pass an IP-address of a client and don't send any variables indicating that you are using proxy server to host and look like real browser.

(Removed link, /Martin)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> Web stuff All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: