Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
The Hackademy Journal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: The Hackademy Journal

Well, it's a brand new thing. They say it's been published for about two years already, but only in French. Now, the one I'm talking about is in English. I've only gotten the first issue so far. It seems to cover about the same ground as phrack does, but in a more polished way. It's definitely not as polished as other mags; there are some grammatical errors and even a spelling error or two, but nothing irritating. The thing phrack has and Hackademy hasn't is the sublime responses to reader's mail. But I guess you can't have it all. It's also a weird, but not badly chosen, tabloid format, printed on rather thick newpaper stock. It's also remarkably cheap, so I think they deserve our support. Something good may come of it. [Their site]
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Still no second issue... and it's been six months now. I knew I took a small risk and now I am hearing a little voice telling me I've been had, even if it wasn't intentional. Not a sign of any activity on their website; entirely unchanged since forever. Even though they took my money and didn't deliver, my heart goes out to them. That's the kind of guy I am. (Generous or stupid, you decide.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> Journals All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: