Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
Eclipse + Java

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevelsteen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Eclipse + Java

After some serious testing I am starting to get used to my new environment a bit... Eclipse. My reaction is ... I AM IMPRESSED!

I am not going to give you a long speech of why and why not, I will only mention two things that made my chin drop.

First of all is the icon out to the right that appears each time you make a syntax error in your code. It actuallly makes USEFUL suggestions. I was quite surprised how it could give the correct solution for something I would have imagined that he would have totally misinterrepted.

Second was a plugin. Instead of downloading the plugin, I simply configured a URL in the Eclipse environment and it downloaded and installed the plugin directly from that page. This is a plugin people! Auto-update for applications has become a trend, but this feature for a plugin took me by surprise.

Great feeling with the IDE so far. Lots of nifty features. Highly recommendable.

And I must say that programming Java is easy going as well. It is a BIG book to read through. Amazing how much Java has grown over the years. I kinda miss M$'s extensive sample code in their help library instead of just the API calls though.

That's all for now folks...
-KiM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> General Technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: