Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
Effective STL, Scott Meyers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Effective STL, Scott Meyers

Addison-Wesley, 2001
The next STL book and the next Scott Meyers book, so it's a certain sell. As I'm getting more into STL, I'm also getting more into the design problems it can solve and the ones it can cause. I'm still running into problems doing polymorphic containers right, that is having different objects derived from a common base kept in containers in a standard way. This book touches upon aspects of that problem but doesn't really give me the solutions on a platter. Maybe there are no pat solutions, but knowing Meyers, he would have said so if he thought so. This book is a little bit less perfect than his previous two books on C++ (see below), but it's still a definite read. Even though it feels a bit padded at times. I'm sure he'll bring out a sequel ("More effective STL" is the obvious name) which is bound to fill the gaps. (Added 9/2001)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> C++ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: